December 10, 2011

Writing Update

The itinerary for the next couple of months is set. Generally, it's write-edit-write-edit and write some more. That's pretty much a writer's national anthem. Almost like an endless loop of production and OCD-level editing until a decent body of work emerges. I think the biggest challenge of 2012 for the "House of Ken" will be acquiring an agent or manager, but that long dreary road will only appear when I have all the essentials.

The nameless spec script (because I like keeping secrets) is still marinating in head. I plan to have at all down on paper some time next week. From there, it'll be a test of will, trying to silence that little voice in my head that keeps telling me that I'm not good enough. I hate that voice. It's not as loud as the other voices, but it's the busiest one of them all.

Development of my own show is not going as fast as I had hoped, but that's a good thing. Rushing could easily kill the dream just as quickly as not writing at all. I'm enjoying the pace right now because I'm starting to see things I normally wouldn't see. I suppose it's all a matter of perspective. Besides that, I think the pace slowed down due to the completion of the pilot, which is funny because I think I completed that damn pilot about 7 times already. Drafts, for the most part. Now, I'm at the nut-cutting portion of the show's development and I don't want to fuck up. Slow and steady for now.

Since I happen to be an artist with aspirations of getting work in the entertainment industry, I've been working on the show's look and feel as well. There's a few character concepts, but I'll be moving on to set design sometime in January.

Back to work,

KG

No comments: