November 13, 2010

Sketch-A-Day #2

Call her Scorch.

It's always a good idea to plan ahead. When working on my comic, concepts and ideas for cover art are rare for the first issue. It's the first image people see on the rack, so the pressure is on. As far as future issues are concerned, I got plenty of stuff in my head.

I suck at drawing fire, but I find it easier to manage in photoshop. I cropped out the notes, but it pretty had an argument with myself about the rest of the piece. Should it just be a catholic church setting for the background with a pews and stain glass windows, or should she be encased in a confession booth? Decisions, decisions... I think I like the confession booth because this all could be from the priest's perspective... or sinner! Maybe she's the priest.

In any case, she'll light up the place... it's her self proclaimed calling. There's people that play with fire, then there's pyromaniacs, and then there's Scorch. She takes it all to a whole new twisted level.

By the way, I'm still looking for an inker and colorist that can jive with my pencils. Drop me a line if you're interest. kenesu84@yahoo.com

No comments: