January 25, 2014

Eva


Eva Cabrera, illustrator, comic artist, and the only woman to comfortably contain the entire universe in her eyes. She's talented and radiates a certain level of fun that's all too rare in the comic industry. In more ways than one, she restored my faith in pursuing art as a career. She makes the journey look fun and fulfilling. That's something that means a lot to a guy with confidence issues. Anyway, if you want to give yourself a treat, check out Eva's work.

Speaking of fun...

A few years ago, Molly Crabapple did a series of sketches she called "The Sixty Six Project." Basically, she sketched up 66 portraits of the people she admired. I thought it was a fascinating idea and I want to do my own version of it---the people I admire. A while back, I was doing something similar, but not as high a volume as 66. For the most part, I did quick portraits for birthday notifications that popped up on Facebook. I'm not sure if I want to go up to 66, but we'll see how it goes.

Eva can count as portrait #1, but I should probably call it something else. For now, let's call it "The Infinity Project" since I don't really have a clue when I'll stop. At the end of 2014, I'll give it a new name.

-KG

From my Playlist ►


No comments: