March 17, 2014

I need a drink...

The interview went alright. It wasn't a gamer changer because that particular company is set up like a staffing agency. If anything, I'm on standby for stuff that comes up matching my skill set. However, I was warned that storyboards, concept art, character design, and all the things that make me useful are in rare quantity at best.

I think my style hurt me more than anything because the lady brought up the internet and went straight to Behance (dot net), scrolling through the various artwork. Basically, she was showing me what my work should look like. It was humbling to say the least. I mean, she wasn't telling me that my artwork was bad, but it wasn't the cup of tea of their clients/companies. They're not into comic book illustration or anything that looks like it. They're not into the pre-production process of film and television. Still, I feel like shit because I was looking forward to making money and eventually moving into my own place.

Coincidentally, it's St. Patrick's Day, so I have a good excuse to drink away my sorrows.

Cheers, I guess...

KG

---

Current Jam ► - Rocky Road to Dublin by the High Kings

No comments: